Windows Live Mail is a component of the Windows Essentials suite and also an email client developed by Microsoft. It can be downloaded from the Microsoft’s official website free of cost. It’s an update of the earlier versions of Windows Mail and Outlook Express that has been included in previous versions of Windows, but with some added features. This article explains how you can download Windows Live Mail to your computer. Follow the steps given below to download Windows Live Mail:
Download Windows Live mail
- Launch an Internet Explorer or an equivalent browser.
- Then go to the Microsoft’s website.
- Now you need to type Windows Live Essentials in the search box.
- Then tap on the Magnifying Glass icon.
- Tap on the Windows Essentials or Download Windows Live Essentials option from the search results.
- You will see a Windows Essential page where you can select the program you want.
- Tap on the Download Now option.
- Now you will be asked if you want to Run the installation program or Save it.
Note: If you have an older version of Windows, or you are using a different operating system, you are probably going to be asked to download some extra software to get the best of Windows Live. You will have to follow the on-screen prompts to download the additional software then you will be able to continue.
- After you update it, proceed with the installation of Windows Essential. Then you will see a prompt asking what you want from the options for Windows Live Essential or you can choose the certain program you wish to install.
- If you’re going to install all of the utilities in Live Essential, tap on the Install all of Windows Live Essentials option, and then you have to follow the onscreen prompts or else, click and select the programs you wish to install.
- After you tap on Install button, the file will begin downloading.
- Once you complete the download process, another dialog box will appear and open up saying that your download is done.
- Tap on the Close button to start using the Windows Live Essentials.
- You can now open Windows Live Mail from the Start menu. You are going to be able to set up your account to send and receive emails.