One of the most important updates to Microsoft’s web browser is the Microsoft Edge since 1995 when the company turned out the Internet Explorer with the Windows 95 operating system. Generally, Edge has updated the browser for the modern age, and it brings a range of several new features to the table to attract both consumers and all the business users.
However, reading all your documents in Microsoft Edge is one default in the Windows 10. Sometimes, when you are using the Microsoft Edge, it will not open PDF files and show an error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. Fortunately, we have search fixes so that we can easily set things right away.
By following a few simple steps, you can easily fix this error. But before continue, we will discuss below about the error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND in detail.
About Error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND
As we already discussed above about this new problem, that some users are facing, and it will pop-ups on your screen whenever you are trying to read a PDF document on the Microsoft Edge.
We still not sure the reason behind this error or why it is popping up again and again on your screen when you open Microsoft Edge for reading the documents. But we are trying to help you by providing a few steps to fix the error. So let’s start the process of solving the newest issues.
Edge will not Open PDF Files
The below-mentioned steps are very simple and easy to follow, but try to follow these steps in a given sequence to avoid trouble and save your lots of time, as it will also take fewer efforts. The steps are mentioned below:
Repair the Microsoft Edge
- Open the Setting app by hitting the Windows + I key together on the keyboard.
- Choose Apps, from the menu option.
- Under Apps & Feature option, click on Microsoft Edge.
- Then, select the Advanced
- Finally, click on Repair, and wait for a few
- Alternatively, follow the on-screen instruction to proceed further.
Disable TCP Fast Open
Sometimes, repairing doesn’t work, and then we recommend you to make some changes in the hidden settings section in the Microsoft Edge.
- Click to Open the Microsoft Edge Web Browser.
- Under the Address Field option, type the word “about the flag.” And click on Enter.
- Scroll down the screen and find the Networking option. And start searching for “Enable TCP Fast Open.” Finally, unmark it.
- Finally, click to restart the web browser to activate the changes.
Reset Edge, as Default PDF Reader
- Click to launch Settings.
- Click on the Default apps.
- Alternatively, choose default apps by File types.
- Finally, locate the PDF and set Microsoft Edge as Default.
Flush the DNS
If all the option mentioned above is failed, then you need to flush the DNS cache through the command prompt. And to do this, follow the given steps:
Click to the Run dialog box, by pressing Windows + R key together on your keyboard
Type the given sentence “ipconfig/flushdns.” Click on Enter.
Finally, a message will appear on the screen that Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.