The more you clean your laptop, more this can help extend its life and yours too. Computer keyboards are a kind of breeding grounds for germs. In fact, it has been recommended by the Center for Disease Control routinely that you should be cleaning your computer keyboard and mouse regularly, along with other commonly touched surfaces. While you begin to clean your keyboard and mouse, you can take the opportunity to start cleaning the laptop’s screen as well. Cleaning your screen is going to make it much handier and pleasanter to get your work done lucidly. If you want to know how to clean your laptop screen, you need to read this article and follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- First of all, switch off your laptop and disconnect the battery.
- Then open the laptop.
- Now you need to turn your laptop upside down and softly tap it in order to remove any loose crumbs.
- Then you have to spray some canned air on the keyboard. Doing so will release some of the gunk that’s typically stuck in between the keys of your laptop’s keyboard.
- Here you will need to place the laptop on a plane surface, and then you have to vacuum the keyboard using a small brush attachment.
- Take some cotton swabs and dampen them with rubbing alcohol.
- Wipe those cotton swabs over and in between the keys of your laptop too (if possible).
Note: Ensure that the cotton swabs are just damp, and not wet.
- Here you will need to apply some of the Cyber Clean to your keyboard, following the instructions printed on the package.
Note: Use the Cyber Clean only when your hands are dry. Then make sure to put the compound on to the surface you want to clean and press decisively. Doing so is expected to allow the Cyber Clean to enter into all of the fissures and gaps. You can get Cyber Clean at your local office supply store.
Here’s how you to clean an LCD screen:
- Firstly, you need to spray your screen with canned air to get rid of any surface dust.
- Then you will have to create a solution of equal parts distilled water and white vinegar.
- Now you will need to spray the vinegar solution you have made on a soft rag, and smoothly wipe your laptop’s screen.
- You can keep your laptop screen clean by wiping it once in a while using a microfiber cloth. That is designed to clean screens, particularly for computers.
Note: These microfiber cloths are available at office supply and computer stores. Remember always to check the manual of your laptop before you use any cleaning products on the LCD screen of your computer.
Remember to clean your external mouse too, if you have one. This is one of the most straightforward parts of your laptop to clean. Just spray your rag with some the vinegar solution you have made, and then wipe off your mouse. Also, you should turn your mouse over, and wipe down the bottom, as well.
Thanks for reading this blog; I hope that this information is going to be helpful to you.
John Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup