Now its possible to make your own videos with the help of your iPhone and some other cool apps. With an iPhone in your pocket means that is is possible to record great videos at any reasonable time. Thanks to the built-in feature of the Photos app that comes along with the iOS, it can be used for editing videos too. These features are pretty basic. They allow you to trim down your video to your favorite sections. They are useful for creating a clip to share with your friends through the email and messaging. The Photos app is not of a professional level video editing tool. It is not possible to add other features such as the onscreen text, sound or the visual effects. You can possibly save new clips so you can pull out all your favorite segments and use them as you want.
What are the requirements for Editing Videos on iPhone
If you want to edit a video on the phone. All you need is to have some videos in first place. Use the Camera app that comes with iPhone. Follow these simple steps now:
- Launch the Photos app from your Home screen.
- Click on the Video you want to edit.
- Tap the edit button at top right of the screen. It looks like three horizontal lines.
- Tap and hold on the left or the right side of the timeline for engaging the trimming tool.
- Drag the anchor right or left for trimming.
- Tap and hold the anchor for expanding timeline for precise edit.
- Tap Done on below right of the screen.
- Tap on the Save as New Clip or Trim Original for replacing the original clip.
How to share Edited Videos from iPhone?
Tap on the action button at the base of the screen; you may get the following options for sharing the video:
- Message- Choosing message will import video into Messages app and will allow you to send the video as a text message.
- AirDrop- Share video directly to another user with the help of an Apple device nearby via AirDrop, a wireless feature of file sharing. Tap the photo and name of the person you want to send it to.
- Mail- Choosing mail will import video in the built-in Mail app.
- Youtube- Share the new video on YouTube by tapping that button. iPhone will automatically format the video for that site and will post it to your account. This needs you to have a YouTube account.
Some other iPhone Apps for Editing Videos
Photos app isn’t the only option for editing video on iPhone. Some other apps are:
- Magisto- This app applies intelligence to create an edited video automatically for you. It also adds visual themes and music. It is absolutely free.
- iMovie- It is Apple’s iOS version of its powerful and versatile desktop iMovie program. Choose visual effects, add screen text and include music.
- Splice- This editor gives you a separate track for audio and video to make multiple videos. Add onscreen text, animations, voice narration absolutely free.
- Videoshop- Add voiceovers, onscreen text, audio and some special effects like fast motion, slow motion and reversing video in this app.
John Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at mcafee.com/activate